Friday, February 18, 2011

Pain, Pain Go AWAY!

Shoulder pain is my worst enemy right now. OT did a shoulder assessment yesterday and seems to think I have a damaged rotator cuff. Yikes! He thinks I may also have pinched nerve because I am getting q lot of sharp, burning/tingling pain on top of my muscle pain.  He has been in contact with my orthopedic doctor's secretary and apparently because I haven't seen her in two years, she may have closed my file.  I find that sort of strange because I was supposed to see her in September and they never called to schedule anything and because at the time, there really was no need to see her, we   never followed up.  If the case file has been closed, I will referred to her again because my OT wants her to check out the shoulder problems as well as my toe.  I was going to see a PT yesterday but, he was busy and after my shoulder assessment, my OT believes we should see Ortho before we proceed with seeing a PT because if there is damage in the shoulder then PT could actually make that damage worse.   He will also be contacting my family doctor and requesting another ultrasound be done as it has been almost a year since I had one and he thinks that the injury may have progressed and so, now something may show up on the ultrasound.  The ortho doctor may also refer me to a neurologist for the nerve pain, we'll see.  I am also supposed to be seeing a .physiatrist (rehab doctor) in regards to my toe because it's still hurting and it seems like maybe the tendons are part of the problem as well as tone so, my OT thinks I might benefit from Botox.  At that time, we will talk to the physiatrist about my shoulder as well ; we want all the professionals on the same page.  I had to come home from school early today because I was in so much pain that I needed to lay down/stand up so, if you wouldn't mind, could you please pray that I get in to see the phsyyiatrist and orthopedic doctor soon and that they can find the problem and solution.

I'm going to Edmonton for a few days and I'm excited!   We're going to go shopping and to galaxy land and stuff so that will be cool. They have a Tim Hortons in the mall which is superb :)! Then, there's Ikea.  I'm supposed to be getting a new bed, but hopefully mom doesn't make us stay there TO long.

Hope everyone has a fantastic break!

" He's not jaded or bitter, he's gonna leave the givn' up for the quitters."

J

No comments:

Post a Comment