Thursday, December 23, 2010

Because You're DYING to Know

Hey All!

I went and got my AFOS adjusted today, they feel MUCH better. OT came with the DME, they measured for a lift and got my standing frame adjusted properly and tried a standing chair with me. That was a pretty cool experience because there is not table like on a standing frame. There is a chest strap and seat belt. I have fairly decent trunk control so my OT took the chest strap off and although I felt a bit off balance at first, it was nice to be less restricted as compared to my standing frame. Right now, however, it would not really be a practical piece of equipment due to the fact that it's about 10 pounds heavier than my current chair. After Christmas, I will be allowed to borrow it for a week or s0 to try at school where it could be used in a practical way (eye to eye with peers, not sitting for so long during the day). As far as everything else is concerned with the home assessment, we will be able to widen the bathroom door, my bath lift is ready to go, and dad is fixing the shower over the holiday. Thank you to anyone who did send up a prayer on my behalf for today :). The next step will be choosing the right lift (we have pretty steep stairs.) and then securing funding for it so, again, if you wouldn't mind sending up an extra prayer about that, it would be very much appreciated.

Now that that is over, I don't have therapy until the first week in January, which being that I am on break and that it is Christmas time is a nice thing. For the next couple of days, I will be trying to focus on relaxing and leaving behind the things that have to be done. Even if it is just for a while, I need a mental break because as I have said, the last few months have been crazy. I will be enjoying time with family, fun, food, and of course, sleep. I hope you can do the same. Merry Christmas!

"He's not jaded or bitter, he's gonna leave the givin' up for the quitters."

J

No comments:

Post a Comment