Saturday, January 14, 2012

I Fell.

Literally.  I caught the edge of my cushion (I got another Ride one for Christmas, so it is higher), and fell. I hurt my shoulder. Bad. For the first 3-5 hours after falling, I couldn't feel my hand amd now I have extreme tingling and pain.  I went to the medi-clinic and the doctor told me take Advil and ice it,but the cold aggrivates the pain.  I called my OT and asked if he knew why my Ortho doctor never prescribed anti-inflammatories and he asked what had happened,  I explained and he told me to go to the ER because he was concerned about nerve damage.  Mom was away and dad was out of town so, I wasn't able to go, but, my mom got back and called my Orthos office and was told she was away until Monday and the on-call Ortho doctor is only there for emergencies and apparently, this is not an emergency. I was NOT happy.  I am so frustrated that we finally got things to a point where I was doing really well and now, I don't know what is going to happen.


Please say a prayer that Ortho will be able to see us soon and that this issue will be able to solved quickly and not adversely afffect my walking, wheelchair skills, or job.

"He's not jaded or bitter, he's gonna leave the givin' up for the quitters."

J

No comments:

Post a Comment