Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I'm Excited... WALKING!

A few weeks ago, I posted about returning to walking. I never thought I'd be as excited as I am about walking as I am now :). I walked 45 meters with the walker at my last PT session before Christmas and that was after two rounds with the parallel bars.   My PT and my OT (he watched) were both really impressed with how well I did.   It was pretty emotional being back on my feet; When I hurt my shoulder almost 3 years ago,  I honestly though that I might never be able to use a walker again, that it was the end of what I'd once worked so hard for.  Today I am thrilled to be able to say that I was wrong.  My legs are getting stronger and we will also be trying s recumbent bike in PT tomorrow to see if that is something that would work to have at home for a leg workout.

I have two PT sessions this week.  On Friday, my boss and supervisor will be accompanying me so that I can start walking at work.  Did I ever mention, I have an amazingly supportive workplace?

Anyways all, I gotta run.  I'm super tired and have to be up early.

"He's not jaded or bitter, he's gonna leave the givin' up for the quitters."

J

No comments:

Post a Comment