Friday, March 23, 2012

Goodbye Rehab

I was discharged from PT this morning (this came as a total shock and I'm not thrilled by any means).  I'm kind of angry to be honest because when my OT discharged me, he gave me time to process, deal, and to say goodbye.  Had my boss not been there I would've fallen apart right then and there.  I don't want to go back to having no therapy, to feeling like I lack a support team, to feeling lost and confused when I need help.   My PT is going off work, but said if I have major issues I can call and they will get ahold of her and my OT is still at work so, if I need him, he's there.

It's just hard. It brings back the feelings I had in June when he discharged me and this ALWAYS happens when therapy comes to an end; I feel like it means progress and independence comes to an end.  That's not true and I know it.  I know I will continue to use my standing frame, I will keep walking at work,  I will keep working on wheelchair skills and the goals we set in OT. I will be ok, but right now it doesn't feel that way.  I want to keep going to rehab.  I want to make gains and give it my all.  I want to go back to OT. I want so badly to make all the progress in the world so I can be independent.  I don't want to rely  on people.  I don't want to feel like I didn't give it my all or do enough in therapy.  I don't know what to do or feel.  I hate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment