Thursday, March 29, 2012

Rewind.

I go for a bunch of tests to see if I get to drive on Monday. I'm scared. So scared.  I went back and visited the post about the testing my OT over a year ago.  I relived the moments spent trying to conceal tears, the look on his face, how bad it hurt, and what I have figured out sitting here thinking about it; I felt let down.  I still remember the very first time I met my OT and he asked me what my goals were. "Driving.", I said.  I remember how positive he was, the smile that said it would work out, he would make it work.  As time went on and he got to know me and my struggles, the hope diminished that he would be able to make it work.

Who knows what they'll say? I am preparing for the worst and praying for the best. I guess the reality of it is that to me, this could be the first thing my CP truly takes away from me.  Almost everything my friends can do, I can do; maybe not in the same way, but I can still do them.  If there is one thing I have always wanted (as I got older and was able  to understand prospective challenges I could face), it was to be able to drive.  I have warned my boss that I may need to take the day off depending on how the testing goes and how long it takes.  He is fine with that and I really don't think it would be to anyone's benefit to have me at work if I get the news that I am dreading so very much.


So I guess the point of this post was to voice the inner worry that is weighing so heavily on me, but also to ask you to pray with me for good news about driving to come from these tests.  Please pray hard that my perceptual issues combined with my processing and other visual issues will not be enough for them to say no. Please pray that this is just another answered prayer and another miracle for me to be thankful for.

J

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. 
-Philippians 4:13 

And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." 
-Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment