Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Shoulder Issues

Hey folks,

This will be short because I need to go get ready for work.  I am cranky. I am tired. I am in a lot of pain.  My shoulder is giving me all the same issues.  All over again.  I am back at point A instead of a bit better.  I am at my wits end.  I am having a tough time even getting up and going to work.  Obviously the fact that it is interrupting daily life again is upsetting, but, I feel like it's worse this time because I have a job to worry about.

Yesterday after having pain in my arm and neck area (like the burning/tingling kind on top of muscle pain) for days on end, I said enough is enough and headed to the ER hoping to get some help.  I got there and waited for an hour just to register. Then, when the nurse asked why I was there I said shoulder pain.  She says to me "have you seen your family doctor?" Well yes, but, he's really had no answers.  I'm in a lot of pain and his office nor the medical clinic are open.  She proceeds to say well have you tired Advil? Are you fucking serious?! Yes, and it doesn't work.  Ok well if you want I can register you, but it'll be a long wait. Ok. How long? Could be 4 hours or more.  Keep in mind it is already 11:30 pm. If it had been just me waiting, I would have waited, but my friend had driven me expecting to maybe wait until 1 or at the latest 2.  So that was a no go that ended with me in tears because the nurse was so rude and dismissive. I felt stupid even going there and the registration clerk was like we have people come here for everything, no need to worry, but then this nurse just made me feel bad all over again.

I just don't know what to do anymore.  I'm taking Advil or Robax on a daily basis.  I wake up with stomach aches after taking them. The worst part is it doesn't really help all that much.  It does relax my muscles and take an edge off so I can sleep.  

I'm just frustrated.  Thoughts and advice are welcome

"He's not jaded or bitter, he's gonna leave the givin' up for the quitters."

J

No comments:

Post a Comment