Saturday, July 13, 2013

You Want the Short Version?

Hey all!

I have lots to update you on.

First off, my shoulder.  After a desperate voicemail left for my OT, it was decided I do not need to go see my Orthopaedic Surgeon again or that an ER visit was in order.   However, a new PT is the picture.  She was recommended to my OT by another PT at rehab. She has an understanding of neurological issues and has worked with kids with CP. Score. She tried laser therapy on my shoulder and it helped.  It apparently gets to the muscle on a cellular level to heal them.  Now, we are working on strengthening the weak part of my shoulder (the back) and proper shoulder positioning.   She has me working with Therabands again and we may also do taping of my shoulder to keep the shoulder blade aligned.


Anxiety issues have returned.  I have been put on a different medication which seems to be helping.  However, it has been making me feel so so so nauseous that for the time being I have stopped it.  It mad work hellish.  It made me loopy.  It is bearable, but, I am like half brained.  We were doing a training role play for the newbies yesterday.  Boss asked me to demo.  I fell on my face. Shit. When I come home, it is likely I may start it again, but, I don't want to be like this the whole time I'm in Vancouver or at work.

Yes, I am actually following through and taking 3 days off work. Holy crap, right? I fly out tomorrow evening and get back late Wednesday night.  It'll be a whirlwind trip, but a holiday nonetheless.  I just hit my two year anniversary at my job yesterday, so the timing of this was accidentally awesome. Definitely due for a holiday.


I went waterskiing on Thursday.  It. Was. Awesome.  I didn't fall and skied a ways on my own.  You know, I have to say, the guys that do side skiing are awesome.  They VOLUNTEER their time so that people can have opportunities they wouldn't otherwise have.  Now, I need to work on my turning skills.  It's tricky, but, I'll get there.



Please pray for anxiety and stress to ease and for peace.  Also for work to get better (it's our slow time so, quite stressful).

Thanks and Keep Rolling On,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment