Saturday, July 20, 2013

Holiday

I am tired so excuse the typos.  I just returned to work after being on holidays from Saturday to Wednesday.  It has been tough getting back into a routine and I plan on catching up on sleep this weekend. 

Vancouver was great!  The first day we were there we spent the day shopping at Metropolis in Metrotown.  I finally found some jeans that fit and won't fall down thanks to an amazingly helpful and patient sales girl.   Bonus? I know exactly which kind they are so, when the time comes to get new ones I can order them online (they don't have a store where I live.)   I also found a lifejacket for waterskiing.  A PINK LIFEJACKET! I've been looking for one forever and am technically supposed to have my own so I was super excited about it.


We went to the aquarium where they had penguins. Penguins! Jellyfish! Dolphins!   It was a cool thing to see although after a while I got bored.   We also went to the PNE which is an amusement park.  That was a lot of walking, transfers etc. I got a serious workout and some PT points on that one.  There was one ride I really wanted to go on so, I walked up the stairs and got on only to realize moments later that it goes upside down.  Freakout time.  I hate upside down rides.  Oh well.  I survived.  

Checked out Granville Island and bought dad a utility knife which would later be confiscated at the airport because I forgot to take it out of my backpack and into the luggage under the plane.  Whoops. 

Oh and the plane? That was interesting.  So, when we checked in for the first flight they told us that they wanted to transfer me to a different flight for my safety and the safety of the staff.  Ummm, ok? Well you see, the flight we booked was a ground boarding plane and the LOVELY call centre agent whom I spoke to told me that would be no problem. Well it was.  Then she told us the wrong time for our flight home so, we missed it.  I phoned my mom and boss FREAKING out because I needed to get home for work and they didn't think that would happen.  After much chaos, a few tears, a 'it's not the end of the world if you don't make it home for work tomorrow and panicking won't help." from my boss, we made it onto another flight thanks to some delays and made it home with a lost bag.  Argh.  They failed to tag my second bag at security so, they were supposed to tag it when they received it at the other side of baggage/security.  They did not.  It sat in the Vancouver airport but eventually made it back to me.

Thank you for your prayers for a good trip and less anxiety.   Despite a panic attackish situation on the plane on the way there, it helped to have a holiday.  Prayers for less anxiety to continue and work to go well would be much appreciated.

Ok, my eyes are closing,

J

"He's not jaded or bitter, he's gonna leave the givin' up for the quitters."

No comments:

Post a Comment