Tuesday, July 5, 2011

2 Weeks Therapy Free and now... Physio!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all,

We got our insurance deal figured out so, I have my first PT appointment for my shoulder on Monday morning.   Bright and early.  Hopefully it will do something for me.

I think we also FINALLY found a cushion that is going to work for my power chair and my OT will put in a request for that.

Riding is going awesome.  I stood by myself for 15 seconds yesterday and that was after a two week break.   I have also started in a group and am warming up to the idea, so that's a good thing.  We are working on functional skills now, like controlling the horse.  I saw a rider yesterday who can ride on his own, and my therapist said to me that that's  where we're heading (he had someone walking alongside him).  We talked a lot about positioning which is something that as a rider, but especially a rider with CP or other challenges that cause positional difficulties, you HAVE to pay attention to HOW you are riding... All. The. Time.  We went riding around the arena to warm up and when my therapist told my horse to halt, I wasn't quiet expecting the throw I got :).  I thought for a split second I was going to be off that horse before anybody could do anything about it.    All was fine.  It actually, in a way, becomes easier when you get to tell the horse what to do, because even though it requires coordination to hold the reigns and position, you know when to expect the movement.  The one thing I'm struggling with is when I tell my horse to walk on, he has to feel my legs sort of "kicking" him and initating leg movement is certainly difficult.   It will come with time and practice.

I went to see someone from the Learning Disabilities Association today and I will be able to get some tutoring through them for hopefully, at least my first semester of online classes.  She saw my Ed Psych report and she  said it does appear that I have some kind of learning disability.  UGH! Why can't someone figure this out?  It would probably help me get more support.

I continue to ask for prayers for the Health Science Association (I have no real ideas as to what is haappening because there hasn;'t been any strike action in a while. I also ask you to pray as far as PT goes (works for my shoulder, that I'll like my therapist, that insurance will work out (we get $400 worth of coverage.  First visit is $70 and every vist after that is $45 and OT thought I would need at least 6 months.  Dad's insurance kicks in in October or November)) I also ask for prayers in regards to transportation for PT.  I booked a bus, but myy appointment goes from about 9-10am and I have to be waiting for the bus by five after 10.  I also ask for prayers in regards to anxiety (It's somewhat bad right now).

Thanks all!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

No comments:

Post a Comment