Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Feeling Proud.

Today was a big day; my graduation.  I finished with a 77% un Math so that's awesome.  My Math teacher said congratulations just as I dropped my diploma on the floor :).  Wheeling and holding a diploma is difficult.  I was excited about this because he has been my Math teacher for both A30 and B30 and I had to work incredibly hard to do as well as I did in Math.  I really enjoyed myself tonight.  I know it sounds silly, but I am proud of myself.  Going from someone who wasn't supposed to even be able to hold a pencil to someone who graduated; I worked my ass off to get past all the challengess because I want it so bad.   I did it.  Yes, I have Physics and Math and Chemistry next year, but for now, I am celebrating. I. Did. It.



I have had my doubts over the last few days about whether I should be an OT. I want it SO bad but, I question whether I will be able to do the job because of physical/mobility and preceptial issues.  Then I stop myself.  If I didn't try something just because someone told me I couldn't do it or because I thought I couldn't do it, I would not be doing 90% of the things I am today.  Why should being an Occupational Therapist be an exception.  I have to try.  I have to give it my all.  I have to follow my dreams.  I will not live in fear of failing at being an OT (or at least I'll try).  I will not live full of regret because I didn't try.  I will not let the Cerebral Palsy or the people who think I can't do it have the satisfaction of being right unless I give it every ounce of my heart and soul (as my grandma says I do with my schoolwork) and  it truly can not work.  I believe that where there is will there is a way and I remember that my OT told me that if there is a university profession that can be worked around, it is Occupational Therapy.  I remember that OT has changed my life.  I remeber that I want to be an OT because I want to change the lives of others.  I have to try with every ounce of my being to become an Occupational Therapist.  I could write more, but, I won''t because I am really tired and I would just be writing things you have read before.

My sister and nephew came to my grad ceremony as well as my mom and dad and grandparents. It was really nice to have them all there sharing that moment with me.   My sister and nephew were also able to join us for the banquet, unexpectedly, so that made the night far more enjoyable.  I had the most handsome date out of everyone there :)   That boy is so well behaved for only being a month old.  He is smiling already and it is the sweetest thing you'll ever see.  Tonight it really hit me (apparently my sister now reads this blog, but whateverr) I am lucky.  My family drives me crazy, but I felt so proud to be sitting there with them tonight.  I fight with them sometime, but I would fight for them any day.  I am so proud of my sister and the way she has grown since the birth of my nephew.  She is a wonderful mom and a wonderful suster.  So, since you're reading anyway, I may as well make it worth your while.  I'm proud of you and I know I don't say it nearly enough, but I love you.  Thank you for all the support, encouragement, faith, hope, strength, and love you have shown me over the years.



Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.  ~Margaret Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment