Friday, July 29, 2011

It's ALWAYS Something!

Ok. I've had it.  My OT called me while I was at work, so of course I couldn't talk to him.  He left me a long-winded "I'm busy and this is a pain in the ass situation I'm in for." kind of voice mail.  He is apparently seeing 8-9 patients per day, plus still dealing with some outpatients.  He sounds exhausted and like he's trying like hell to make things happen, so I'm trying to be patient, but it's never been my strongest quality.  As it stands right now, we're in a for a battle.  He called the manager of the equipment services I receive and because this chair is technically owned by the government, they are hesitant to let me add the standing component because of confusion of ownership.  My OT says he thinks it's bureaucracy.  I think it is also, and really, how hard is it? I get record of the fact that I paid for and own the standing component.  Better yet, if there's confusion of ownership, the government should just pay for the standing feature and shut up.  It's not like they paid for my standing frame.  So, my OT has to write a letter to the Ministry of Health explaining why I need such a specific thing.  Perhaps because I can't stand independently, just a thought.  Anyways, he's going to do that and I will check in with him Tuesday  (he asked me to call so I did, but I couldn't reach him.) If all else fails, we will try and get private insurance to front at least part of the bill for a standing chair or I will yet again start saving.  We will also see if we can get some funding through some non-government agencies.   I don't like it but, I'm ready to fight and make phone calls and do whatever else I need to.  Where there is a will, there is a way.


Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.” – Tom Krause


J







No comments:

Post a Comment