Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What Do Ya' Know?

He returned my phone call! He even answered my page this time! Also, apparently he answered the last one, also, but I hung up to soon.  Whoops (he used to ignore his pager while he was working with me, how was I supposed to know he wasn't ignoring it?)    Anyways, he is submitting an appeal to insurance to have them pay for the standing component and if they refuse to do that, he is subsequently requesting that they allow me to put the component on the chair.   My riding therapist has also given me a new source for funding if this is the case, so  I'm looking into that and they may also pay for the cost of my riding therapy and mileage to and from.  My boss also offered to speak to insurance and OT about the standing chair.  It takes an army, but at least I have one to back me up :).

Speaking of riding... I stood for 30 second independently. 30 SECONDS!! I repositioned.  I caught my balance.  I used trunk and back muscles! When I called my OT back (he called while I was riding) he asked how I went, I ALMOST screamed about the whole thing, but then decided to be rational and just say good.  I told everybody at work today, though.

So all in all, a better today full of new things and new reasons to hope.

J

We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
Martin Luther King, Jr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment