Saturday, August 20, 2011

Trip to the ER.

I ended up in the ER on Wednesday night.  I was at work and could barely make through a call because I felt like I couldn't breathe so the boss man told me to go to the hospital.  I hate hospitals, so I resisted at first but ended up going. See, sometimes my shoulder makes it hurt to breathe because my pecs get tight, so I thought it was that, but when it got to the point I could barely speak... well. When I got into the ER my heart rate was at 140 when it's supposed to be between 60-100. They gave me two bags of fluid and took a chest xray, did an ECG,  checked for UTI, and did a blood test.  All clean. By this time, my heart rate was down.  The doctor came in and said she thought it was viral sepsis but put me on an antibiotic? Tell me how that makes sense please. She said something about how because I am not as mobile, they wanted to give me an antibiotic "just in case".  Whatever. I'm going to get on my soapbox for 30 seconds.  I hate when ER docs just throw med and 3 different diagnosis's at you. FIGURE IT OUT! THEN AND ONLY THEN SEND ME HOME! She told me to go home and back to work.  You just told me I had viral sepsis....This is also 5/12 hours after I originally got there and I'm tired.   Get in the car, go pick up the prescription, get something to eat, and head home.  I get in my chair and get up the driveway no issues. I go to get on the lift and very quickly it is brought to my attention the wheelie bars are not down.  Head meets concrete.  It's dark. It's late. It's cold. My arm hurts, my chest hurts, and now my head hurts.  I'm exhausted.  I'm stressed. Breakdown time. Get over that and get in the house Mom asks if we should go back to the hospital. What, so she can give me three more diagnosis? I eat and go to sleep but, she has to wake me up every twenty minutes to make sure I didn't have a concussion.

I tried to go back to work yesterday and I made it through, but I wasn't on the phone for most of my shift, it was just to difficult with a sore chest and ribs.

Prayers for me to feel better and continued prayers for John Matthew would be very appreciated.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment