Saturday, May 21, 2011

Honesty? Yeah Sure, Let's Try It.

Life confuses me a lot. Priorities confuse me a lot.  Reasoning confuses me a lot. People confuse me a lot.   Honesty, to me is the best policy.  This is why my OT and I get along so well.  We have a totally "open door" policy for lack of better description.  After everything that went down in January with my driving and stuff, he told me that as long as we were both honest about concerns we had, we would get along just fine.  If something is bothering me, I tell him. If he has concerns about therapy goals, if he has to be away, he lets me know.  It's why I am able to trust him; he dosen't tip toe around things and if there are problems, he's a phone call away.  It's pretty simple, really.   I'm fully aware that not everyone understands that or agrees with it and I'm fully aware that they have good intentions (most of the time).  People sometimes think that by not telling me everything, they're protecting me and usually, I end up either mad or upset when the truth comes out. (I've stopped about 30 times during this entry to play Scrabble on Facebook because I'm having a hard time with words here.) What is your policy on honesty?



School is done in a couple of weeks so that will be nice, but the teachers are going on strike so, I hope that dosen't mean summer school.

We also got the tie down system for the van. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers on that one.

With this new new about my shoulder, I now have to figure out how to fit in  Occupational Therapy, Hippotherapy, Physical Therapy, and Massage Therapy.  OT has been switched to Wednesday's because of my therapist's schedule which is ok  I've emailed my Hippotherapist because we were orignally doing Wednesday nights for that, but that's not going to work anymore.   Massage Therapy SHOULD be able to be done every second Saturday and PT on Tuesday.   This is pretty much the only way I can see it working until school is out.  After school is out, my day will be open to attend OT/PT/Massage pretty much anytime that works for my therapists.

Please pray that we can fit all of my therapies in in between school.  Please pray that I won't have to give up Hippotherapy or anything else.  As always, please know your prayers are much appreciated and I will always be willing to return the favor.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment