Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Prayers Please!!

OK, so apparently all teacher job action has been suspended as the government and the teachers are negotiating and they have a mediator involved. Good.

However, the job action with the Health Sciences Association is expected to ramp up.  Since the strike has started, they have been on rotating job action and now, there are talks of pulling all 1500 "non-essential" employees off the job.  I feel sick, like physically sick.  I think the labour dispute with the teachers ended so quickly because the importance of education is seen by everyone.  Healthcare is, but not people like OTs, PTs, SLPs, Respiratory Therapists, Social Workers, and I'm sure lots of others.  Until you need them, you don't get how essential every single one of them is.  I know what it's like to not have the proper therapy/services. It's bad. It's frustrating.  It impacts your life in a negative way.  Now multiply that feeling by thousands for all the patients who would be affected by the strike action (I actually backspaced about three times because it makes me feel even more sick to actual type that word)  PLEASE pray HARD that it does not come to this. PLEASE pray HARD that the government will agree to binding arbitration and that this dispute can come to an END very, very, very, soon.  Also please pray my therapy will not have to be cancelled this coming week as it has by that time it will be almost three weeks since I have had therapy.

Also if you wouldn't mind, please keep my OT and his family in your prayers.  Also please pray that I will have some more answers from UBC about their OT program (I'm not sure I explained my visual/neurological visual issues properly).

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

J

No comments:

Post a Comment