Monday, June 13, 2011

Broken Record

Hey all,

Again I come to you asking you to pray for this strike to come to an end.  There aer now 400 people from my city off the job and that's only going escalate until the government does something, whether that be negotiating with "good faith" or binding arbitration.  PLEASE pray HARD that this strike will come to an end for the sake of the professionals, the patients, and even the government.  PLEASE pray HARD that it will not take a province-wide walkout of "non-essential" Health Sciences Association members for the government to do something.  PLEASE pray HARD they can come to an agreement or get binding arbitration as soon as possible.  I WISH I could find something new and meaningful to say, but I am literally out of things to say.  I know these therapists are people who are caring, kind, compassionate, and supportive.  I know that they and the things they do mean so much to so many people.  I know that without them, so many people would be without equipment, or speech, or the ability to eat, or the ability to tie their shoes, or the ability to do something like write their name or stand.  I know these are all things I've said before, but I look back at the time before I started working with my OT.  I didn't have my bath lift.  I didn't have my power chair.  My standing frame wasn't at school.  I hadn't seen an orthopedic surgeon about my shoulder.  I wasn't tying my shoes.  I wasn't even cutting up my own food.  I wasn't able to go in the kitchen and make a sandwich.  I had no grasp on my perceptual problems.  But most of all, I was at a point where I thought all therapists were worthless, stupid professionals, who really didn't care about where their patients ended up.  My OT showed me that this is not the case; that there are therapists who care about their clients, support their clients, encourage their clients, believe in their clients, and go above and beyond for their patients.  I'm sure he has done this for other patients and that their are other therapists who have done this for their patients, so please I ask you from the bottom of my heart to pray that this dispute can come to a close right away so that these therapists can go back to do all the wonderful things they do for their clients.


A grateful client of an awesome OT and PT,


J
"Physical therapists teach people how to walk.  Occupational therapists teach people to dance."- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment