Sunday, June 19, 2011

More Therapy Changes!!

Group Hippotherapy is starting in July.  I'm not entirely thrilled about the idea. It's not even that I don't like being with other people.  It's that when I am at therapy, I am dead focused on the task at hand and I find when there are other people around besides my therapist, I get extremely distracted and sometimes even uncomfortable.  My therapist isn't giving me a choice, though, so we'll see I guess.  My dad is concerned about it because I have made significant progress and it would be bad if that was lost because I wasn't able to focus in therapy.

My hair is going pretty well.  I've done it a few times since I did it at OT and I think I did a-OK.  My OT says I need to stop being so hard on myself and realize I am making progress.  True that.   He taught me to use my right hand to straighten my left side because crossing over allows me to position the straightener properly.  Also, because of my perceptual issues, when I do the back of my hair, I'm not supposed to look in the mirror because I know I'm supposed to pull down, but, when I look in the mirror I pull up (silly spatial "friend" of mine wanting to be noticed)  I even tried putting it in a ponytail the other day while some girlfriends were here and I did more than I've been able to do before, but I need longer hair before it's going to work well. This week in my last session with my current OT, we're hopefully going to do a meal prep as long as I can either pick something reasonable or my OT emails me back and lets me know what would be OK to make.  Otherwise, we'll most likely be working on hair more or some other shenanigans.

I have finished two finals (both projects, not written exams) and now have Biology on Tuesday and Math on Thursday.   I'm going into the exams with an 85% in Biology and 82.5% in Math so I'm not super worried, but worried enough and I need to get my arse in gear and study.  Creative Writing I got a 91% on my Final Portfolio which is worth 40% of my final mark.  I did have to take a 0 on one assignment and a 40% on another because I misunderstood one of them and the other I just didn't do because I ran out of time.  Note to self: Just because it is an online class does not mean it can continually be put off.  It bites you in the ass later.   Especially next year with online Math and Sciences.  They are basing whether they will let me take two classes in one semester partially on how I did in Creative Writing and partially how I do the first semester of next year in my online Math.  Technically, you are only supposed to take one online class per semester (2 per year), but because I have taken online classes before, they are making an exception so that I can do my work from home and not have to worry so much about attendance issues due to my shoulder and appointments.



I have had a renewed sense of peace, hope, faith, and strength.  Thanks for your prayers about that!  I feel bad when I doubt God and I KNOW I shouldn't because he has proven to be with me from day one.  It's difficult to understand why things go the way they do and it's not always what we planned.  But, that's when we have to trust God even more and lean on him even more.

PLEASE continue to pray HARD that the Health Sciences Association strike can come to an end.  It is affecting the Child Development Program and one of the most important stages of rehabilitation is when you are young.  Please continue to pray for healing and strength for my Resource Teacher and her family.  Please continue to pray for my OT and his family, specifically for hope, faith, strength, courage, and peace.  Please continue to pray that I will be able see my PT and Orthopedic Surgeon this week and that we can come up with a plan of attack for my shoulder.  Please pray that we will be able to be set up with a good PT who has an understanding of my CP and my shoulder injury (my OT feels like this is the key to proper treatment and so do I, my mom, and my Massage Therapist).  Please also pray for strength and peace for me this week, especially on Wednesday as that is the day of my last therapy session with my OT and also the day I hopefully find out more about my shoulder.  Please pray for an awesome final session with my current OT and please also pray that things work out with getting a new OT and that adjustment process.   I've decided I'll at least give this new OT a shot because God has provided the possible opportunity for additional therapy, so please pray this opportunity works out.

Thank you for your prayers :).  PLEASE let me know if I can return the favor

J

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment