Friday, April 22, 2011

Appointments, appointments, and more appointments

Hey everyone!

I had my MRI yesterday and I actually did ok.  I had hard time when I first went in, but after that it was fine.  They gave me music and put a weight on my hand to keep it palm up.  The left shoulder (the second shoulder) had to be done twice because apparently I wiggled to much.  The problem was the weight she put on the left one made me move lots, I don't know why, so, she had to do the left shoulder twice.  Everytime I would hear the noise start/stop, even if I expected it, I would have spasms so, that was a fun time.  I should get the results in about a week.

I also got my power chair yesterday.  We were crusing around at therapy and then my OT went to put air in my tires on my other chair and he told me I could go for a walk and that he would catch up if I wanted to.  No.  So, he knew something was wrong and asked what.  I didn'y really know how to put it into words so I said nothing.  He looks at me and says "you don't want it."  I JUST about cried.  No,no good sir, I do not.  It just kind of hit me at that moment how bad my shoulder really seems to be; it hit me that I truely NEED this chair.  Like I said to him yesterday, though, just because I need it doesn't mean I have to like it.   I feel badly though, because he got it through quickly and he was trying to get me pumped up about it yesterday and I shot him down.  I wasn't trying to be a jerk and I hope he understands that I appreciate very much all the things hr does, I just am having a tough time accepting the effects of my shoulders. 

This next week is going to be nuts.  I have a massage on Monday, grad photos of Tuesday, Physical Therapy Wednesday, and Occupational Therapy Thursday.  So much for Easter Break, but I'm very glad to be having these appointments and getting issues sorted out.

Have a wonderful Easter All, and thanks for reading!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment