Monday, April 11, 2011

Stair Lifts, Ramps and AFOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey All!

I'm going to get my new AFOS casted tomorrow so that will be nice since mine have not felt "right" since I got them in October of 2008 and that makes it hard when using my standing frame.  

We also started renos on the bathroom downstairs on Friday and they should be done this weekend ::). I miss my bath lift. The door was widened and a pocket door was installed.  The shower is getting fixed so I can use the hand held shower instead of using a pitcher to dump water on my head.  We also are installing a sink I can roll under. No more trouble rinsing out the sink after teeth brushing, not to mention I can actually SIT in my chair while brushing my teeth :).  The next step is to find a used stair lift; we were going to put in a platform lift but, the problem is we are moving soon and the lift can not be moved to a new house easily and it is costly (like the cost of a new lift!)  

When my power chair gets here, we will move the manual chair downstairs and I will spend all the time I am downstairs in my chair. Also, we need to figure out how we are going to transport the power chair in our van.   As I said before, the plan is to purchase a ramp and tie down system.

I would really appreciate prayers that we can work out the stair lift and ramp situation before the arrival of the power chair and that we can do it in a cost-effective way.

I was also going to ask, if there is anyone who would like to share their blog (including Caringbridge), please do!  I will be sure to create a Links section on my blog so my readers can check your blogs as well!

"Faith isn't faith until it's all you're holding on to"- Unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment