Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Theraputic Riding.

Hey all,


I saw my PT today.  She told me my ROM is pretty darn good, so go me! I'm not entirely sure how I accomplished that as I don't do a lot of stretching.  But, I do long sit in the chaise lounge while on my laptop.    Standing has also helped with combating tightness.  AFOS look good and I am supposed to be easing into wearing them. She also told me I should be standing for about 20 minutes at a time until I adjust to the AFOS.   She also told me I should be standing for no more than 45 minutes per "session". Well, okie doke; I thought I was supposed to stand for an hour.   She called to see if there was a report on my MRI yet, no dice.   She said that if the issue is a small rotator cuff tear or an impingement, she should be able to do some PT to address that, because even though this particular clinic isn't an outpatient orthopedic physical therapy place, she has worked with clients with these problems in the past; it would be awesome for her to be able to do that so I don't have to add another therapist to the list.   She has also asked that I be seen by the orthopedic surgeon at clinic, this time for my lower body.  The reason for this is, in the next few months I will be transitioned to getting services solely through the place I go for OT and so, they want to do one last "tie up loose end" check.


My hips are really tight though, so she suggested therapeutic riding because it "forces" your legs to be apart.  Unfortunately, it isn't covered by insurance but, I have been in contact with a therapeutic riding stable and they are supposed to call me back.  I think it would be neat to do it over the summer, at least.  When I called the lady asked if I was inquiring for myself. Yes. Are you handicapped? OK wait, what? No I'm calling a therapeutic riding stable for myself, but I am not handicapped in any way. FYI, I am physically challenged. I didn't know whether to laugh or hang up.

All in all, a good appointment. I'm hopefully she will receive the MRI report very soon, so we can start treating it in some way.
 
Prayers for the MRI report to be received shortly and for treatment to be able to start with the same PT I see for my CP (or other treatment) would be very much appreciated.  Thank you for reading and most of all, thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

J


"Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished; if you're alive, it isn't'-Richard Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment