Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Heart Is Smiling.

I've had a rough few days as you know and it's getting better :) (Thank you).  I have a couple of things to mention. First off (and some of you may have read this before I deleted it, and I still don't know why I did.)  The therapy I am getting right now is supposed to last 6-8 weeks.  I lost it when my OT told me. Done. Gone. Not a good therapy session. I didn't sleep the night he told me.   Mom called him the next day and told him how unbelievably, extremely upset I was over this and he assured her this was simply a guideline and he has had clients with him for far longer than that.  He also told her that when the time does come, there will be a meeting, a home program, and possibly infrequent review appointments (He told me this as well, but at the time, my brain couldn't process anything; his mouth was moving, but what he was coming out of his mouth made no sense)  Even though I know it won't just happen, I wonder each time I go there if today is going to be the day I don't get a schedule.   I know I have lots of things to accomplish in therapy and I have made lots of progress. I look forward to it ever single week because I feel that progress and I really can't put into words what that's like.  The biggest difference in this therapy as compared to prior therapy as I've said several times; I have a therapist who cares about me and believes in me and because he has a positive attitude, I can maintain mine (for the most part).  Point being, could everyone say a prayer that I am not discharged until the time is right and that I can meet more of my goals/make more progress in therapy? Also, I really wanted to work on wheelchair skills (wheelies, curbs and maybe even stairs *gasp*), but because of my shoulder, I have not been allowed to.  OT told us if I get discharged before things clear up with my shoulder, I should be able to be readmitted when I can work on these things so, prayers that if my shoulder doesn't work itself out before I have to be discharged, I can be readmitted without issue and be able to work with him and not a different therapist (consistency is a really good thing in therapy and since we started working on it, it would be even better to able to work with him).

My heart was warmed today by a message I got from my aunt:

Hi ,
I put your story on CP on my Facebook,wanted to let you know a lady I don't know at all but play games with sent me a message,here it is

Hi
Thank you for sharing this great testimony. My 16 month old granddaughter was born with cerebral palsy and it is so encouraging to see how others have dealt with this condition.
Happy Easter.


I feel like maybe, just maybe, my goal of helping other people who are facing similar situations is going somewhere.  This little girl's journey has just begun, but with a strong support system, she will go far. She will defy the odds and she will reach for the moon and hit the stars.

J

“And then he said, 'I think I can make that happen on my own,' and he did. He literally commanded his finger to move, and it did.”- Danna Reeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment