Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lost.

I saw ortho today and it started off bad.  I went down to xray and had a student doing my xrays. I swear he took 13 of them.   I went in at 8:30ish and it took until five after 9.  He took xrays of the neck and shoulders.  OT and mom were waiting for me when I came out and we headed back to Ortho.  She was supposed to see us at 8:45 and we saw her at 10:20; it's a good thing OT kept his morning free.  Ortho told us my xrays look good.  She agreed with my OT that my right side is weaker than my left.  She thinks I might have a small rotator cuff tear.  If this is the case I will be put back into fairly intensive Physical Therapy.  The other possiblity is, the xray did show that there is not very much space between the bones.  She said it's possible I was just scrunched up.  If this really is an issue, I will be referred to a Scope Surgeon and they will probably need to remove some bone. She is glad that I am getting a power chair and my OT told me I can expect to be in it for six months and maybe more if I require surgery.   She told us that until we know what is wrong, I have to be super careful so no wheelchair skills for now.  Yes, I cried after I left, I've had kind of a down day. 

My OT sent a recquisition to have new AFOS made and after they are made I will go see my PT to make sure they are better and she will do a review at that time also.

We also saw the Educational Psychologist today and she told us exactly what we expected; my visual processing abilities are below average and my processing speed is way below normal, so, nothing new.  She also told me I need to start eating breakfast and sleeping more. Ok. She told us to try protien shakes. I had one tonight, not a big fan.  Does anybody have a reccomendation for a protein drink that tastes half decent?

Mom is taking me back to my GP as well to see if we can get something to help me sleep (pain overtakes that) and also something for my nerve pain as in the last few days, it has become really bad.

Again, if I could ask for prayers to get these issues resolved quickly so I can go back to normal life and sleep, that would be very much appreciated.

J


"Champions have the courage to keep turning the pages because they know a better chapter lies ahead."- Paula White.

2 comments:

  1. Hi J
    don't you hate ortho issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrr

    also I responded to your comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,

    Oh how I despise the ortho issues :). I saw the response and couldn't agree more

    ReplyDelete